English Learner Advisory Committee
The English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) is a state-mandated committee that supports the efforts of the school, district, and state in improving the quality of students whose primary language is other than English. The committee, which consists of parents and teachers, has four state-mandated duties:
- Monitor the programs and services provided for English Learners at the school and provide input to the School Site Council.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of the school’s needs assessment.
- Administer, review, and provide input on the school’s annual language census
- Create awareness parents’ awareness of the importance of regular school attendance.
In addition, the committee is focused on finding ways that the school can support English learner parents at home to assure academic success for their children. ELAC meets 4 to 5 times per year.
2020-2021 ELAC Meeting Dates at Adams:
- September 13, 2021 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- November 29, 2021 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- February 7, 2022 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- April 11, 2022 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- April 14- District all ELAC Celebration!
- Hold May 9, 2022
DELAC (District English Learner Advisory Committee)
- October 4-8
- December 2, 2021 6:00-8:00PM
- January 27, 2022 6:00-8:00PM
- February 24, 2022 6:00-8:00PM
- March 17, 2022 6:00-8:00PM
- April 14, 2022 6:00-8:00PM ALL ELAC Celebration!
- May 19, 2022 6:00-8:00PM
- June 9, 2022